Blocked Shower Drain
What are the Signs of a BLOCKED SHOWER DRAIN
A blocked shower drain can be identified by these signs:
- Bad odours can be caused by blocked shower drains
- Blockage of drains could cause a significant drop in water pressure.
- Change in the level of toilet water (higher or less).
- Slow to empty kitchen or toilet drains
- Strange noises of water gurgling down the drain.
It is best to contact a professional if you experience any of these issues.
To resolve your drainage problem in Perth, Fremantle plumbing is available at all hours and can be reached at (08) 9337 1414 if it is an emergency.
How to Clear Blocked SHOWER Drains
1. Find the Source and Locate the Problem
There are many reasons that block drains in your house or business. It usually depends on the location of the problem. Drain blockages can often be caused by:
- Hair build-up
- Grease or oils
- Pipe breaks
It is important to determine the exact cause of the blocked drain before you can fix it. Fremantle Plumbing uses high-tech CCTV Drain Cameras in order to diagnose the problem.
We use Mainline Tractor Cameras as well as Ridgid Push Cameras for drain inspections. This allows us to get a better understanding of the cause and devise the best strategy to unblock the drain.
2. Clear the Blocked Drain
Fremantle Plumbing will focus on clearing and unblocking the drain once the cause of the problem has been identified. A drain-jetting is the best way to unblock a sink or drain.
Fremantle Plumbing can use high-pressure hydro jet equipment to blast through a blockage in a drain using water and high velocity. This is a quick and easy way to clear a blocked drain.
Fremantle Plumbing can use special equipment and products to send a foaming solution down your pipes. This prevents the roots from growing back. The tree or shrub will not be damaged and the blockage will disappear for 12 months.
Fremantle Plumbing’s hydro-jetting technology is a proven and advanced one.
- Jet Drain Cleaning- Equipment for high-pressure drain cleaning.
The drain cameras can now be used again after the blockage is gone. Specialist technicians will conduct a drain inspection of the damaged or blocked pipe. Fremantle Plumbing takes a detailed view of the drain inspection and then places it on USB.
After removing the blockage, we can examine the pipes to determine if there are any other issues, such as debris or serious damage.
3. Resolving Shower Drainage Problems Resulted from a Blockage
Don’t panic if we find the pipes damaged, we can reline structurally without the need to dig.
This is great news for those pipes that are under your home. It’s an easy process and takes up very little space.
Drains Still Not Quite Right?
Fremantle Plumbing, a Perth-based plumber company, can still resolve your issues with one of these:
- Finding an issue with CCTV inspection
- Pipe Relining
- Simple dig and replace
We are confident we can unblock your drains and pipes so they work efficiently.
We can assist you with any plumbing issues, including drain unblocking in Perth WA.
How Can You Prevent Your Drain from Blocking?
Prevention is the best way to clear a blocked shower drain. There are several simple ways to prevent your drain from becoming blocked.
- Shower Drain Catcher A shower drain catcher traps any hair, soap scum and debris before it reaches your pipes. To be effective, a drain screen should be cleaned regularly. They are easily found at most hardware stores and usually cost less than a few dollars.
- Boiling water – Pour boiling water down the shower drain to loosen soap scum and dirt so that they can be washed properly. It should clear any blockages if you do it once a week.
- Baking soda & vinegar – Baking soda and vinegar are a natural way of removing hair clogs. First, pour a cup baking soda down your blocked drain. Next, add a cup vinegar after a few minutes. Allow the mixture to work for a while to break down the blockage. Then rinse the drain with boiling water.