Fremantle Plumbing Service was approached by Little Creatures Fremantle to prepare site for epoxy floor renovation of the kitchen. Works included Fremantle Plumbing removing all kitchen benches, fridges, cooking equipment, glass washers, dishwashers, sinks and coffee machines. Alterations to water, gas and drainage services ready for epoxy repairs and reinstall and commission all equipment.
Little Creatures, Fremantle
- Disconnection and removal of all benches, fridges, cooking equipment, glass washers, dishwashers, sinks and coffee machines,
- Disconnection and removal of Pizza Oven,
- Installation of new drainage for additional sinks and floor wastes,
- Replacement of stainless steel floor wastes and inspection openings,
- Cleaning and preparation for epoxy flooring,
- Installation of Aluminium floor perimeter coping,
- Repairs and upgrades to hot and cold water services including the installation of zoned isolation valves for future maintenance and emergency isolations,
- Installation and connection of all benches, fridges, cooking equipment, glass washers, dishwashers, sinks and coffee machines,
- Installation and connection of Pizza Oven,
- Welding and repairs to stainless steel benches,
- Servicing and Commissioning of kitchen gas cooking equipment.
The project was to be completed in 13 days for re-opening to the public with Covid restrictions easing, at least 4 days originally required for the epoxy installers.
For the first time in more than 15 years this iconic Fremantle venue had a major renovation done to its kitchen and Fremantle Plumbing was proud be a part of the project. Having experience on similar kitchen works of this scale the deadline of opening day was going to be a challenge that we had confidence of accomplishing.
The project included many challenges such as;
- Removal of a complex kitchen benches and fridges, many fabricated in place and required cutting to remove,
- Mapping and locating water services for emergency isolation install,
- Extended epoxy installation reducing kitchen installation time,
- Additional works of installing the aluminium floor perimeter coping for the kitchen and cool room walls and pillars,
- Additional works of organising a replacement and installation of a stainless steel pizza oven frame,
- Extensive welding of the stainless steel bench tops.
During the removal of the existing kitchen it was found that many benches and fridges had been welded together possibly from original install from more than a decade prior. Many required for cutting of sections to allow electrical and communication systems to remain.
Fremantle Plumbing had noticed on previous emergency attendances that maintenance friendly emergency isolation valves for water services were limited and advised on installing valves to prevent problems during their busy service. No site plans or plans of services were available, but after a some investigating we were able to install zoned isolation valves for all areas of the kitchen for hot, cold and gas services including main supply emergency isolations.
Water and drainage services were replaced to suit the current layout of equipment along with the inclusion for 2 additional hand wash basins. Basins involved cutting of the concrete floor to install the waste pipes and replacement of the concrete removed prior to the epoxy install.
“Removal of the famous Little Creatures Pizza Oven revealed the steel frame was heavily corroded and being held up by the brick wall it backed onto. Taking extra care to relocate to safe working location Fremantle Plumbing was able organise to construct a new frame out of marine grade stainless and fit to the pizza oven with out any delay to the install date.”
The epoxy contractor had delays due to chemical fumes effecting the brewery operation and had to stand down and extend the install for an additional 3 days. Due to the now reduced time frame on an already tight schedule our team offered to install the coping before relocating the kitchen benches back into location working throughout the weekend to keep the project on schedule.
Fremantle Plumbing Service proudly commissioned the entire kitchen including completing the additional works ahead of schedule and under budget ready for the grand re opening to the public.