There are plenty of plumbing problems out there in the big, wide world. Whether it’s small and annoying or large and unsightly, your local Perth plumber has no doubt seen, smelt or heard it all.
Did you know some plumbing problems are more common than others? Also, some are easier to prevent and fix than other plumbing problems, too.
Have you ever flushed a toilet, walked away and still heard it for minutes or hours after?
That is a running toilet, and apart from being an annoying noise, it’s also leaking and completely wasting your water. A running/leaking toilet is often due to an issue with the flapper (a contraption within the toilet tank.
A flapper drains water from the tank to the bowl, and a running toilet means it’s not closing on the flush valve or you have a faulty seal.
- Jiggle the flush handle/button for a quick fix, or
- If that’s not solving the issue, call a Perth plumber for a professional seal replacement.
Blocked drains are the fear and woes of many Perth households. Plumbing is supposed to take away your waste and dirty water, not bring it back up for you!
Every now and then, you may find your bathroom, kitchen or laundry sink takes a little longer for the water to go down the drain.
- Often cooking oils and/or food scraps, hair, soap or other things cause blocked drains and slow draining water.
- Try a safe cleaner and/or a plunger, or perhaps a plumbing snake for stubborn blockage,
- Still not budging? Call upon a Fremantle plumber to assist.
Consistently cold water
Hot water is of great cleaning assistance for our dishes, laundry and washing ourselves.
So, when there’s no hot water, or the hot water goes cold too quickly, it’s a disruption to households.
- Probably a problem with your hot water system
- Electric water heaters often have two section – the top and the bottom. If the water in the tank is going cold, the lower section is failing and only some of the tank is being heated. If the top section isn’t working, you’ll have no hot water at all!
- With a gas water heater, the dip tube is often the likely culprit behind no hot water. A dip tube directs the cold water to the bottom of the tank to get heated. A worn down and worn out dip tube results in tepid water.
- A plumber Perth professional will get you back to hot water in no time with hot water system maintenance, replacement and installation.
Consistently Call a Plumber Perth Professional
While there’s a quick DIY fix for some problems, issues like no hot water should be left to the friendly and reliable plumber Fremantle experts.
Stuck with a plumbing problem? Contact Fremantle Plumbing today for a fast, friendly and efficient plumber Perth professional to solve your plumbing problems.